Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
What cookies we use
What data we collect
During the registration process and when you subsequently use your Bidells account, you are requested to submit specific personal data including but not limited to:
Once you have created an account and have become a Bidells customer, additional information is processed on an on-going basis. Bidells may also collect:
- your first and last name,
- date of birth,
- home or another physical address,
- e-mail address,
- phone/mobile number.
- a record of all internet communications and details of your visits to our Websites;
- technical information relating to how you use our products, such as the type of device you are using and the browser you are using to access our Websites;
- communications with us or our employees, for examples, calls, emails, and messages sent through the live chat service;
- information regarding your location, including IP address and traffic information;
- any additional information you submit through the website for example on forums, chat rooms, comment sections or in response to quizzes and questionnaires;
- Sometimes we may also request photo ID, and proof of address
- Occasionally we may also access your public records (eg.: news articles, social media, forums, official records such as the electoral roll).
Who we share your data with
How we protect your data
Your Personal Data isn’t just protected by the quality, commitment, and high standards of Bidells, it’s also protected by law. The law means that we can only process your Personal Data when there is a genuine reason to do so, and those reasons must be one of the following:
- To fulfil any contract that we have with you
- We have a legal obligation
- Where you have consented to the processing
- When it is in our legitimate interest
- When it is in the public interest
- When it is in your vital interests
When we have a business or commercial reason to process your Personal Data this is referred to as a legitimate interest. Your Personal Data is still protected and we must not process it in a way that would be unfair to you or your interests.
If we do use legitimate interests as a reason to process your Personal Data we will tell you that we are doing so, what our legitimate interests are and provide you with a method to raise any questions or objections you may have. However, compelling grounds for processing such information may override your right to object.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our Website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we use your data
We use your personal data to try and provide you with the ultimate Bidells experience whilst ensuring we meet regulatory requirements and business related requirements. We process your personal data for the purposes of:
We use your personal data such as your name, DOB and email address to help set up your account and, if necessary, to contact you (according to your preferences) via your registered contact information in connection with the management and operation of your account.
We also use your personal data such as your device type, location and browser preferences to manage your account. We want to ensure that you can see the best version of Bidells on your device and are authorised to use Bidells in your current location.
- Creating your account and providing you with gambling services
As we want to give our customers the ultimate Bidells experience, we may also use your personal data to help with internal research and development, internal testing of the products and to help diagnose system issues and make content and service improvements to the website.
Bidells has various policies and procedures designed to detect and prevent criminal activity. We carry out this processing to comply with our legal obligations.
- Ensuring our Websites function correctly and identifying any technical issues
We need to use your personal data such as your account details, payment type(s), deposit method(s) and wager history to allow you to deposit and withdraw, and for our regulatory reporting. This is to comply with our Terms and Conditions and legal obligations.
- Processing your online financial and wagering transactions
Bidells will create new personal data about you by processing your data including but not limited to your betting and gameplay behaviour, interests, location and age to develop new features, functionality, products and services that are tailored to you. This will help us to ensure that:
- Profiling and your preferences
Additionally, Bidells researches your preferences to develop new features, functionality, products and services. This is in our legitimate interests. Additionally, this profiling is in our legal interests, as profiling of your personal data is for reasons such as meeting our legal requirements with regards to anti-money laundering, age verification, prevention of fraud, sports integrity and responsible non-monetary betting.
We review customer profile and betting data for the purposes of enforcing our terms and conditions managing our financial and legal liabilities and risk on events and markets.
- the technical help you may need is in line with the device that you use, and
- the promotions you receive are in line with your preferences, and
- the customer support you receive is in line with your jurisdiction.
Changes to this policy